Friday 7 December 2012

$34 Cotton On Haul

Hi all,

Sneak peak of the Haul
I know I said I'd blog often but I've been getting these weird continuous sharp stabbing pain in my left wrist which the doctor assumes to be signs of carpal tunnel syndrome. I've been asked to rest it for two weeks and go back if the pain persists. It's been two weeks now and it's gotten so much better \o/ yayyy looking forward to a full recovery. Still hurts a but I'm glad I won't be needing an operation to fix it... the wikipedia pictures were very disturbing.

Carpal Tunning operation procedure picture taken from Wiki


Stepping away from this gorey start lets begin with the Cotton On haul. Please note I do not own any of the following pictures unless otherwise indicated. The pictures are all taken from the Cotton On site. They currently have free shipping on orders over $50 which is a steal when all the items are cheap and it's relatively easy to spend $50. Although saying that I did split the order with my friend as I didn't have a need to spend $50. Got 8 items in total, averaging $4.25/piece. 

I've also made a Cotton on Haul YouTube video on this whole post. If you'd like to see the items on camera and hear me rant than feel free to watch the video. I have mixed it up to avoid expressing the same opinions from the video in this review so please read this blog post and watch the video if you have time. Thank you

YouTube video for the Cotton on Haul

THIN STRAP THONG


RRP: $9.95

Sale Price: $2.00
$2 for a pair of thongs? How can you say no. They aren't comfortable... but then again they aren't uncomfortable.  Not a pair you'd want to wear out all the time but more-so something to have in the bag for gym or going to the beach. Always good to have a spare!

Eternity tank pink tint


RRP: $12.95
Sale Price: $5.00

To be honest the main reason I got this tank top was cause of the model. She looks so good in it... kinda making me feel like I'd look good in it too. Damn you pretty models who make me buy things I don't need. In additional the colour I ordered was 'pink tint' which they didn't have a modelled picture off. Just this generic photo of girl in a white tank top... So I was thinking pink tint would look something like this:


taken from google

But instead I got this thing... Like seriously what the. If this is pink tint then my hair colour is blue... One of the more disappointing items from this order.

Pink tint?

FOREVER TANK MARINA BLUE


RRP: $12.95


Sale Price: $2:00

This item is not only more aesthetically pleasing than the pink tint tank top but also $3.00 cheaper! Albeit the model looks hotter in the pink tint tank top; the physical version of this tank is better out of the two. Let this be a lesson not to judge clothes by how the model wears it but rather the clothes itself. Saying so ... I will still probably be guilty of doing this.

Evie Flat Silver Mirror Metalic


RRP: $19.95

Sale Price: $5.00

Please note the flats I bought don't have the bow at the front. I was unable to find the version of the flats I originally bought but this does look exactly the same just with additional bows. Cotton on were selling these two version but I do prefer a more simplistic look and thus chose the non bow version.

GOLD PRIMO FLAT 


RRP: $19.95

Sale Price: $5.00

What is silver without gold? I had to buy a matching pair =] and for only $5.00. Especially with Australia's ridiculous overpriced items $5.00 for a pair of flats is a bargain!

Lisa Maxi Dress


This skirt was bought at a physical Cotton On store, thus no professional picture for me to steal and use. The picture does not do it justice.

RRP: $39.95
Sale Price: $5.00

This is hands down my favourite purchase from the Haul.The material is made 100% from polyester and feels like silk on the skin. Also has internal lining which means no awkward underwear flashing =D plus I saved 87%+ on RRP. I would never in my wildest dreams imagine getting such a gorgeous maxi skirt for $5. It mimics high end maxi skirts with it's colour, design and material.

DEMI 3/4 TIGHTS


RRP: $15.00

Sale Price: $5.00

Do not get this. Never in my life have I worn tights this uncomfortable. They are so itchy =[ not worth $5.00 not even worth it for free. Heck you could pay me to wear it and I still wouldn't.

TOBACCO WAVE TUBE SKIRT


RRP: $24.95

Sale Price: $5.00

Bit mehh~~ about this. Ordered a size small and it doesn't fit very well =[ I think I over stretched it in my youtube haul video. Colour also looks different from the model, slightly darker in real life.

Conclusion


Overall very glad with my purchases. Usually for $34 I might buy one dress or a tub of foundation, but from this I got 8 items. Winning!

Thanks for reading!

Take Care.


1 comment:

  1. love the purchases! that picture of the carpal tunnel surgery freaked me ouuuttt though. Hope it gets better without surgery!

    ReplyDelete